Google
 

Saturday, March 15, 2008

News and Notes.....

The 2008 CPBL season kicks off tomorrow with a matchup between the league's top two teams: the Uni-Lions and the La New Bears. The league will take a 2-week hiatus in August during the Olympic Games.


Sinon Bulls pitcher Chien-Fu Yang has garnered a lot of attention from NPB and MLB teams for his performances at the OQT. The 28 year old comes from a baseball-rich family background. Chien-Fu Yang is related to NPB players Yao-Hsun Yang and Chung-Shou Yang, and CPBL stars Sen Yang, Tai-Shan Chang, and Chih-Yuan Chen. All of these great players are of aboriginal descent from the Amis tribe.


Rumors from Taiwanese news sources that 21 year old NT/CCU pitcher Chia-Jen Lo was offered a 6 figure signing bonus by a certain MLB club (the A's) are NOT true according to one well-placed source.*Edited 3/16

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're right about Lo. He hasn't signed as of now, but he's asking quite high. He's getting close.

Yang's got great sense on the mound, but at his age I think it would be hard to get him over to the US. He was fun to watch.

Anonymous said...

So you are rebuttal Taiwanese news source which said Lo is signed by saying another well-placed source said he isn't signed...well as least provide the well-placed source where he isn't signed if you are so sure and going with that one.

Anonymous said...

Are you being stupid or what? Don't you know the webhost has very tight connection with all those agents and scouts as he always put up those inside scoop for us?! It's just too bad the agent whom he knew and works closely with did not get a chance to represnet LO and others, or you bet those kind of news will always BE TRUE and 1st hand for sure!

Anonymous said...

Who are the connections?

TTT said...

Listen, I do not work for an agent. I do this blog in my spare time because I have a passion for the subject. I don't get paid for the content that I've posted on this blog (I've been posting since 2005)aside from the direct revenue that I have received from my ad sponsors.

I value the privacy of the sources who help to give us the content that can't be found on any other English-language web site. I reiterate again that these sources give their info and time freely without asking for anything in return. If some of you anonymous posters have info for the blog, why not start a dialogue and email me.